Resources and Suggested Links
Homelessness: General Resources
- National Health Care for the Homeless Council (NHCHC):
The NHCHC provides a broad range of resources supporting both advocacy and clinical care for homeless popultions.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Homelessness Resource Exchange:
This federal site serves as a centralized resource with links to many state-sponsored and local housing, food, and healthcare resources for homeless or at-risk persons
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) page for the Homeless:
DHHS provides web-based information and referral resources for patients and providers.
- Homelessness Resource Center:
A prior service of the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), this site provided general information, federally available facts, and central resources. It is not currently operated by the federal administration.
- Help for Homeless Veterans: 877-4AID-VET (877-424-3838)
Veterans, loved ones, and providers can obtain resources, find a homeless coordinator, and access online or telephone crisis support.
- National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty:
This advocacy group provides action alerts and legislative information relevant to the homeless, victims of domestic violence, and the poor.