Resources and Suggested Links
Homelessness: General Resources
- National Health Care for the Homeless Council (NHCHC):
The NHCHC provides a broad range of resources supporting both advocacy and clinical care for homeless popultions.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Homelessness Resource Exchange:
This federal site serves as a centralized resource with links to many state-sponsored and local housing, food, and healthcare resources for homeless or at-risk persons
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) page for the Homeless:
DHHS provides web-based information and referral resources for patients and providers.
- Homelessness Resource Center:
A service of the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), this site provides general information, federally available facts, and central resources.
- Help for Homeless Veterans: 877-4AID-VET (877-424-3838)
Veterans, loved ones, and providers can obtain resources, find a homeless coordinator, and access online or telephone crisis support.
- National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty:
This advocacy group provides action alerts and legislative information relevant to the homeless, victims of domestic violence, and the poor.